Wednesday, January 07, 2009

NPR

Last night on "All Things Considered," there was a feature about the DC experimental music scene.

There's a few snippets of music by DCIC - but they're not identified as such. We do have one track streaming on their website, though... I went in for a nice interview with Neda Ullaby while she was working on the story - not much of that made it into the finished product, but I do show up briefly.

It's funny that the further away I get from the experimental scene, the better it seems to do. I extricated myself from organizing Sonic Circuits and Jeff Surak has grown the festival into something much larger and more awesome. My own music is getting less and less experimental, and my (former?) peers are getting some nice press. Wacky how this works.

No comments: