Wednesday, January 24, 2007

My Ocean is Never Blue, Rehearsals Begin

I'm working on a big new project with Daniel Burkholder / The Playground called "My Ocean is Never Blue." We're still early in the process of developing the work, but I thought I'd point it out since one aspect of this project involves documenting our creative process... There's a new website with excerpts from rehearsals and information about the piece, updated as things take shape.

My first rehearsal with the group was last Friday, and there's a short excerpt online already. Hi-tech, no?

This is a duet improvisation score where the dancers are imagining they are either on the bottom of the ocean or floating on top of the ocean - and their perspective changes throughout.
I hadn't seen them do this section before we ran it, so the music is definitely all improvised...


No comments: