Thursday, January 25, 2007

Can I Get Some More Vocals in my Monitor Please

Here's a rough draft of a new text-based piece. Most of the text comes from the web. I googled the phrase "the world is a noisy place" and found some great stuff. If you don't listen to the whole thing, please at least skip forward to the canon at the end (starts around 5:30). I found a way in AudioMulch to perform this little ditty live, and that's how I recorded this section. It's awfully simple musically but I'm proud of it nonetheless (intonation problems and all).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't see a link to the piece here. How can we get at it?

Jon Morris (Matis) said...

hi joe!

two ways:

1. click the headline of the post - it's a link to the mp3, click it and see if it plays in your browser or right-click and "save as" to download the file

or

2. subscribe to the podcast. the blog feed

http://feeds.feedburner.com/WhatsMyName

is also the podcast feed, just plug that into iTunes or your pod-catcher of choice and any audio files that are posted on the blog will show up as a podcast.