Friday, February 22, 2008

Guitar piece, work-in-progress

It's been a while since I wrote a piece that's notated from start to finish... so I'm unduly proud of myself for taking the time to write this one out.

I'm working on a guitar piece that's going to be adaptable for a few different uses. First, it's performable as a solo for electric guitar and laptop, next it's got a version for electric guitar and electric piano, and finally I'm going to arrange the piano part so I can do this with my Low End String Quartet as well.

I made a mock-up recording of the guitar / piano version, and the draft of the score is posted too:

Audio: mp3
Score: pdf

Any ideas for the title? So far I've just been calling it "Rondo for Guitar" since that's the form of it. I think that's a boring title, though.

No comments: